The End of my semester/The End of The World O_o UPDATE on my life, etc.

Hi all!


I told you all I would be updating you all on how my semester went, and just a general update on my life I guess, well grades just posted yesterday, and I haven't posted anything between now and my last post because I have been picking up a few more hours at work and getting some much needed rest. Anyway this semester I ended up getting a 3.15 GPA which I think is one of the best semester GPA's I have had throughout my college career. 


There is nothing other than God that I can contribute this to. Ya'll just don't understand the destructive path my life was on, well maybe some of you all THINK you do, but you don't, but what I did, was I decided the life I was living wasn't the life that I wanted to live anymore. I can't really think of any one moment that I just had an "ah hah" or "epiphany" which is why I contribute it all to God, because he showed me he wanted something better for me without me even realizing what he was doing in my life. Like I said before over the course of 2010/2011 a lot of changes have taken place in my life, changes for the better, overall, a lot of negative energy has been eliminated from my life, rather I wanted it to be, planned for it, or rather is was or wasn't my idea, that negative energy is gone. This made me better able to focus on bettering myself, and improving my life. 


Like I said before everything has its ups and downs, but I am at such a high right now, I am truly content, and happy with where I am in life. When you eliminate things that are not lifting you up, or making you better it gives you so much more time and energy to focus on what is important in life. To get my grades up this semester I devoted a lot of my time to studying, focusing and taking notes in class, prayer for understanding, going to class everyday, just taking the initiative to do better. I was focusing and devoting energy to a lot of the wrong things and I had to put a stop to that. 


I also stopped going out a lot, it seems like every time or a lot of the times I planned to go out, get wasted, etc. something just happened to block that, and from what I have heard I haven't been missing out on anything. I think I have grown out of the club/party scene a lot as well, and that is completely fine with me. I guess we all have phases we have to go through in order to come into our adult selves, realize who we are, what we want to accomplish, and what is really important some people take longer than others. 


As far as my roommate situation I have COMPLETELY left that in God's hands. I pretty much act like her (an apparently her live in boyfriend) don't exist. The longest I will have to put up with this living arrangement is two more months and about 10 more days. Recently, it seems like they have been attempting to lock me out of the apartment, which I pay RENT for. We have a dead bolt lock that you cant key into, and they have locked that a couple times recently. I left a note on the door that said DO NOT lock the top lock. If the problem persists I WILL be contacting property management, because I would like to continue ignoring their presence, but if they keep doing stuff I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands, because I don't have time for childish nonsensical behavior, I'm grown, I am trying to work to pay my bills and get a degree and a job I could care less whats going on with them.


But I have been praying about it. It's weird because every night (unless I forget) I pray for my family, and ken, and our relationship, and I thank God for all the things that he is doing/has done in my life, but when I try to pray for my roommate situation I never know what to say, I just say lord let your will be done, because I really don't know what to say about that AT ALL. If ya'll have any better ideas of what I should pray about as far as that is concerned let me know because I just don't know. 


I feel like if things aren't on 10 in your life, the last thing you should be worried about is locking the top lock, or having my name in your mouth, you should be praying your situation gets better, but let me stop.


Anyway, one night I was thinking about reading the bible. I was just going to pick my bible and and flip to a page hoping the lord would direct me to a scripture that hit home, but instead of doing that I downloaded this bible app on my ipod. The app has like different things it directs you to for different situations you're in like worry, sadness, anger, etc. So I clicked on one, I can't remember which one, but it took me to Matthew 5: 44



"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

So thats when I decided maybe I should just pray for her/about the situation, so that's what I did, and I turned it over to God and said lord let your will be done, and I washed my hands of it. Rather the rapture is Saturday or not I'm trying to get my life in order. By the way for those of you who do believe it is Saturday, Matthew 24:36 says:

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

But, that's where I am as far as school and life, still with Ken, we're trying to make our relationship stronger, build on what we have, be more understanding of each others feelings, communicate, etc. ya know relationship stuff lol. 

Like I said I really haven't been doing too much, school has been out since Early this month for me and I have been enjoying my little break staying in bed watching TV most of the day ig I'm not working lol. I will be taking about 12 hours in summer school, Business Law 301, Econ 311, and my Spanish courses that I told you all about in an earlier post and I will be working as well, staying on the path of success!

Like I said keep me, and my family, and and my boo in your prayers! I'm sure I'll be back to share more in the near future, I can't remember if I said all I wanted to say, but I think I'm done lol! Post a comment if you want, love those!

Toodles!

Dede



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update 5/29/2012

Don't Always Have a HAND OUT Sometimes You Should Lend A Helping Hand

Don't Force Upon Yourself More Than You Can Bear