In the Wake of the Storm You can STILL count your blessings
Hi all!
As you know, actually I don't know if you know lol, but we have been having a lot of severe storms in Tennessee lately. In Knoxville a lot of cars suffered damage, including mine due to a hail storm. My car looks like a golf ball lol, but thank God my windows weren't busted, I've seen a lot of car with the windows busted, including cars with drive out tags, but that is beside the point.
Many people lost their lives in the storms this past month. I heard that 35 people lost their lives in Chattanooga, which is really close to where I live. I also heard about the devastation that Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and the campus of UAB suffered. Their school is pretty much closed for the rest of the year. They are not going to be able to take finals, and will have to accept the grade they already had in their class, or contact their professor. Many of the students are also dead. Can you imagine how the parents of those students felt? Some just one week away from graduation. My condolences go out to their families.
I say all that to say this. While we are worried about our cars, other various material things, petty nonsensical behavior from peers, there is still a lot to be thankful for. At first I was kind of like dang these dents in my car are not pretty lol. But I instantly realized well thank God I have a car to have dents in it, and thank God my windshield isn't broken, and thank God my family and friends are okay, and I survived the storm. Things could always be much worse, which is why I am not a complainer. I am grateful for everything I have and everyone that I have in my life and I am content with my life because things could always be WORSE.
I am currently in the middle of finals week(s) I have 3 finals, and I have been studying for them, but I feel like I need to study more, anywho. I am even grateful for finals, because I could have lost my life and not be here to take them. Please wish me luck and pray for me as I work on my finals, I am trying to get at least 3 A's and a B this semester, I'll let you know how my grades turn out! :)
dEde
As you know, actually I don't know if you know lol, but we have been having a lot of severe storms in Tennessee lately. In Knoxville a lot of cars suffered damage, including mine due to a hail storm. My car looks like a golf ball lol, but thank God my windows weren't busted, I've seen a lot of car with the windows busted, including cars with drive out tags, but that is beside the point.
Many people lost their lives in the storms this past month. I heard that 35 people lost their lives in Chattanooga, which is really close to where I live. I also heard about the devastation that Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and the campus of UAB suffered. Their school is pretty much closed for the rest of the year. They are not going to be able to take finals, and will have to accept the grade they already had in their class, or contact their professor. Many of the students are also dead. Can you imagine how the parents of those students felt? Some just one week away from graduation. My condolences go out to their families. I say all that to say this. While we are worried about our cars, other various material things, petty nonsensical behavior from peers, there is still a lot to be thankful for. At first I was kind of like dang these dents in my car are not pretty lol. But I instantly realized well thank God I have a car to have dents in it, and thank God my windshield isn't broken, and thank God my family and friends are okay, and I survived the storm. Things could always be much worse, which is why I am not a complainer. I am grateful for everything I have and everyone that I have in my life and I am content with my life because things could always be WORSE.
I am currently in the middle of finals week(s) I have 3 finals, and I have been studying for them, but I feel like I need to study more, anywho. I am even grateful for finals, because I could have lost my life and not be here to take them. Please wish me luck and pray for me as I work on my finals, I am trying to get at least 3 A's and a B this semester, I'll let you know how my grades turn out! :)
dEde
That's Right! Material things come and go, once a life is gone, it can't be given back or replaced. Stay under God's covering, and pray, he is our protector during the storms of the natural and the spiritual.
ReplyDeleteYou're right!Praying about that daily
ReplyDelete