Am I the Reason for the lack of Companionship in my Life?

As time goes on things change. I see my friends having children, getting married, I've just noticed a lot of things changing in their lives. While there lives are changing so drastically mine seems to be very mundane. Since high school I have been in school, and working, that about sums up my life. While my friends are having more "grown up" lives. I sometimes ask myself why isn't this me, why I don't I even see a husband, or even just a relationship in my immediate future. I remember once my mom told me about her experiences in high school.....

She said when she was in high school, she wasn't approached by a lot of guys. She wondered if it was her fault, was she that unapproachable? Was she that unlikeable? Was it something about her that deterred guys away from her? Although she did go on dates, it wasn't like most girls, who have had a bazillion boyfriends by age 16, randomly there were guys brave enough to ask her out.

I felt the same way when I was in high school. Many people don't know this, but I have only had one Boyfriend in my entire life. I also wondered why I was that girl who didn't get asked out a lot. Of course I thought I was probably too tall, all the guys didn't start growing until high school. Or maybe I was too shy, I am definitely not that outgoing, all up in yo face, I'm going to get my man type of girl. I just wondered why guys were so awkward about asking me out.

It's really weird, but since high school, many of the guys you all would not have expected to approach me have run into me in the strangest of place and asked me out, guys I didn't even know knew I existed. Now, back to my mom....

She said, later in life she too ran into these guys who didn't approach her in high school. They then told her that they thought she was "too good" for them, too quiet or shy for them, too prissy, too classy for them.

So, what is my point of telling this story? Well, if you lack something in your life, be it a relationship with some popular guy, social status, whatever it might be, don't think it's because something is wrong with you. You are not the problem. You might just be too flyy and fabulous for whatever it it you THINK you want, but trust me, if you get involved in something and its not "your time" you're going to wish you hadn't. I've learned that the hard way...I wanted a MAN (random) so, I decided let me talk to this guy or that guy, that I am not even the least bit attracted to just to have a little bit of testosterone in my life, but if that wasn't the worst mistake I ever made. Don't settle for less than you deserve just because you think you need something that has not appeared yet. Just WAIT on it and PRAY about it. God always provides your needs, not when you want them, but right on time!

This is clearly one of my posts that just rambles on into nothingness, but for all of you out there that keep saying to yourself "I need a man" or "I need a woman" or a boothang, junt, whatever it might be, just remember that special person will come into your life in due time, but in the mean time don't settle for less just because you're waiting on the best.....


dEde

Comments

  1. Amen!! NEVER settle because that's more disastrous than being alone, instead like you said, have patience and the guy will come to you in due time. I was just thinking about this last week because I saw 3 people in 2 days who graduated with me, that had gotten married recently. Hence, the "feelings of inadequacy" talk lol, but the "i need a man" gibberish has officially been retired! Nah nah nah nah, aye aye aye, gooodbyyye lol I agree with your mom, I've heard the whole quite=stuck up thing so I most def know where she is coming from. I also talked to my mom about this same situation, and she gave almost an identical response, so no more looking for me!! Patience is indeed a virtue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is!! I see you dropped some knowledge yourself lol, the phrase "I need a man" has officially been retired from 1025 lol, we need to give nary the memo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update 5/29/2012

Don't Always Have a HAND OUT Sometimes You Should Lend A Helping Hand

Don't Force Upon Yourself More Than You Can Bear