Live a Virtuous Life and Do the RIGHT Thing
I know I am supposed to be writing my other blogs first, but other things have been sitting heavily on my heart for a couple of days. So here is what is burdening me down that I must get off my chest....
I know I don't always make the best decisions, but I always TRY to make good ones. This blog is not going to only be about making good decisions, it is also about being able to be man or woman enough to do the right thing.
If I knowingly do something wrong to someone, I will not be able to live with myself until I do the right thing. It is important to me to live a VIRTUOUS life that glorifies God, and as I said, although I do sometimes do the wrong things, I am still trying to better myself everyday.
I challenge all my readers to DO THE RIGHT THING. If you feel like you have done something wrong to someone, grow up and apologize. If you did something, and you now realize you acted inappropriately, admit to it, and face the person like the adult your age says you are, and correct it.
Also, think before you act. If you think something you are about to do might have an effect on other people such as your family, classmates, roommates, friends, or even a stranger, reconsider it. As I said in my other blog, everything is not about YOU think about how things will effect others before you act on impulse. Also, If someone confronts you about what you have done, don't sit there and say "yeah" or "uh huh," instead of taking this passive approach try taking these actions instead:
(1) Acknowledge what you have done.
Although you still might not feel what you have done is wrong at least acknowledge the fact that you have done it, it lets the person who is talking to you about it that you care about how they feel.
(2) Tell the other person how you feel about it
ALthough you might not agree with them, it helps them to understand the situation, by you telling them how you feel about it.
(3) Apologize
Even if you are not sorry for what you have done you can still apologize for making the other person feel the way they do. This action makes for a better climate and a healthier relationship with those around you.
(4) Don't brush the situation off, take action!
Show the person that you have the intent of fixing it, and actually DOING THE RIGHT THING, but only if you feel it is the right thing. If you don't tell them how you feel, don't let them wonder. Either way it will help the entire situation
Everyone reacts to things differently, there is no right or wrong way to react to a situation, but there are right ways to handle it. I hope this helps everyone to be able to have healthier relationships with the people they come into contact with everyday. Have a great day guys!
♥ dEde
I know I don't always make the best decisions, but I always TRY to make good ones. This blog is not going to only be about making good decisions, it is also about being able to be man or woman enough to do the right thing.
If I knowingly do something wrong to someone, I will not be able to live with myself until I do the right thing. It is important to me to live a VIRTUOUS life that glorifies God, and as I said, although I do sometimes do the wrong things, I am still trying to better myself everyday.
I challenge all my readers to DO THE RIGHT THING. If you feel like you have done something wrong to someone, grow up and apologize. If you did something, and you now realize you acted inappropriately, admit to it, and face the person like the adult your age says you are, and correct it.
Also, think before you act. If you think something you are about to do might have an effect on other people such as your family, classmates, roommates, friends, or even a stranger, reconsider it. As I said in my other blog, everything is not about YOU think about how things will effect others before you act on impulse. Also, If someone confronts you about what you have done, don't sit there and say "yeah" or "uh huh," instead of taking this passive approach try taking these actions instead:
(1) Acknowledge what you have done.
Although you still might not feel what you have done is wrong at least acknowledge the fact that you have done it, it lets the person who is talking to you about it that you care about how they feel.
(2) Tell the other person how you feel about it
ALthough you might not agree with them, it helps them to understand the situation, by you telling them how you feel about it.
(3) Apologize
Even if you are not sorry for what you have done you can still apologize for making the other person feel the way they do. This action makes for a better climate and a healthier relationship with those around you.
(4) Don't brush the situation off, take action!
Show the person that you have the intent of fixing it, and actually DOING THE RIGHT THING, but only if you feel it is the right thing. If you don't tell them how you feel, don't let them wonder. Either way it will help the entire situation
Everyone reacts to things differently, there is no right or wrong way to react to a situation, but there are right ways to handle it. I hope this helps everyone to be able to have healthier relationships with the people they come into contact with everyday. Have a great day guys!
♥ dEde
I'm going to take all of this into consideration from now on because lately i haven't been thinking as much before i act which has caused major problems in my major friendships...
ReplyDeleteI agree completely. Many people lack this quality in their life.
ReplyDeleteExactly! Expressing yourself will save a lot of time! There will be little room for the other person to make assumptions about the situation and become bitter.
ReplyDeleteYep, you just gotta tell it like it is no matter which side you are on!
ReplyDelete♥ dEde