My Sunday Wisdom.... I am Just a Soul with GOOD Intentions ♥



The Pic says WISDOM: It will light your darkest hour
I've learned the hard way that I give people TOO much credit. Like I said before not everyone has class, not everyone was raised right, not everyone is a Christian, not everyone lives up to a high moral, and ethical standard, and not everyone thinks they way you or I may think. Although they may put on the facade that they are a genuine, kind, loving, respectful, and good person and you believe them, they may not be. ESPECIALLY when people know they are wrong. I was talking to my friend TC the other day and he was saying people start bringing up other stuff when they know they are wrong, and some of it is they have their own problems and feel insecure. I have learned that I expect more or BETTER from people, because I think they are the person they say they are, and they end up proving me wrong EVERY time. Basically what I am saying is expect the unexpected, don't put people to a higher standard because they sure will disappoint. Like I said in other post, my mom used to always say my great grandmother used to say "It surprises me when people do right." It surprises me when people do wrong, but I am learning that I should not be surprised. My great grandmother was a wise woman, I wish she would have been around longer to bless me with her wisdom, but she died of cancer when I was in Kindergarten. I remember sitting in the front pew of church at her funeral, and I remember when my mom brought me to my kindergarten class and ran out crying the Monday after her funeral, and my classmate asked me "what's wrong with your mom." #RandomMemories But I am glad she left that wisdom behind, I need to take heed to the things she said.


Another thing is, don't stoop to the low levels that people may go to. You have to realize you are FAR ABOVE that, and act accordingly. 9 times out of 10 they already have problems and just want to take them out on you. People feel hurt and angry, and they see you are happy and things are going well in your life and they want to make you feel how they feel. Get thee behind me. Every time I think of something negative, I say to myself devil get thee behind me. Don't let those negative thoughts invade your mind. Hey as EVERYBODY says, they talked about Jesus, don't let it bother you. Just because someone stoops to name calling, and takes a conversation and changes it to an argument or to somewhere it didn't have to be YOU don't have to go there with them, a question doesn't have to turn into argument. Be the bigger person. Don't stoop to that level. I am definitely guilty of being petty and stooping to low levels at times, but I am learning that I am better than that. Those people aren't even worth the time or energy. 


You don't have to please man, live your life to please God, because no matter what you do you can't please everyone on this earth. I know I am at least trying to go on the right path with my life at this point. Its so weird because I had no plans of changing anything about me, but God has a plan when we don't have one ourselves, and I am so glad I am changing and becoming a better person. It feels good when people say "I see you changing" or "I see a change in you" or "I see maturity and growth in you." So I am proud to be growing and maturing. Part of the process of growth and maturity is eliminating negativity from your life by any means necessary, and I am definitely doing as much of that as I possibly can I just need the lord to move one more mountain and I will be good, and hopefully that will happen sometime next month.  


Something else that's kind of on my heart to talk about, violence. When people resort to violence it is due to ignorance. If that is the only way you solve your problems you should be caged, thats why there is prison because of violent individuals. Too many people have lost their lives because people don't have clean fights anymore. I recently posted about the student at MTSU that died due to stab wounds from her roommate(see post). When people are fighting and losing, they may do anything to win like STAB. I have heard of various kids dying due to head trauma and various other injuries due to fighting. So I am definitely an advocate of non-violence, I think the people I LOVE are TOO PRECIOUS to me to lose them over something petty. I am still mourning the loss of my uncle. It seems so unreal to this day, partially because I was unable to attend the funeral and partially because it just doesn't seem real AT ALL. He was stabbed and killed by his girlfriend or someone in his girlfriend's family days before his 40th birthday in November of last year. My family is STILL in court trying to find out what happened to him because no one will come clean and confess. I don't think anyone should have to go through the pain that my family is going through or various other families around the country and the world because of senseless acts of violence. It's crazy, I have been holding back the tears trying to write this post, but I am glad I did, maybe it will stop someone out there, maybe it will save or change ONE life. Like I said, I want the people in my life that I love in it for the long run, I don't want them in jail, in the hospital, or dead. It's usually people who have nothing to lose who commit senseless crimes, but I don't need a record, I want a CAREER after college, my boo wants to practice law, we are not on that type of stuff we have futures, and don't need them tainted. I am sure you don't want your future ruined either over something stupid, make wise decisions, because one dumb one can effect you long term.  Not only could an assault or murder charge change the course of your life, so could a DUI. That's why I hate when people drink and drive, even though I am guilty of that as well. I make sure my loved ones get home safe because I want them in my life for the long haul and I don't want them to get any kind of blemish on their record. Real talk anyone that's in my life I truly care about them, and I love them being around, and I want to keep them around. ::EMOTIONAL MOMENT:: lol


Another change that I have noticed in myself is that I am not into going to parties at clubs and sets like I used to be. My last two attempts failed, and I think they failed for a reason, I am not into that club stuff anymore. Its hot in there, liquor doesn't sit right on my stomach lol, and it's just a bunch of people trying to get on with other people, and I don't need to do that, I am happy with the way my life is right now. I don't even feel like I missed anything when I don't go out. I think I am just ready to close this chapter of my life and start the next, grown and sexy chapter! 


But that's all I got for now, thanks for taking the time out to read, I appreciate it! Smooches!


♥ dEde

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update 5/29/2012

Don't Always Have a HAND OUT Sometimes You Should Lend A Helping Hand

Don't Force Upon Yourself More Than You Can Bear