My Ex Boyfriend: Is he as good as it gets? I REALLY hope not :(
For the past two years I haven't been in a serious relationship, and it seems like no guy wants one. In comparison to what I am dealing with now, I feel like what I had with my ex was "the best I ever had" emotionally, physically, etc. I am starting to think no guy will ever understand me like he did, or do the things for me he did.
I dated this guy for about a year and 3 months while I was in high school, and first semester of college (Long distance relationships DO NOT work out in my opinion, clearly I am a living testimony). Anyway he was two years older than me we were 17 and 19 when we started dating. Now looking back on it, I feel like being with him was one of the happiest times of my life. We had weekly dates, he picked me up from work, he brought me food to my job, gave me money, we hung out all the time, I met his whole family, brothers, sisters, cousins, mom, grandma, friends, everything. He made me laugh he made me smile, he...well he was just good in all of those aspects.
But with the good, there is always the bad. One major thing that was bad is that he was a compulsive liar, he lied for no reason. Most of it was to try to impress me. He didn't understand that I loved him for who he was, which made him feel like he needed to impress me. Also, he was really critical about how I dressed, how my hair was done, just a lot of superficial things, don't get me wrong I am a bad B lol, but I do have my days where I just want to chill or I don't feel like looking all good for him, and he had a problem with that. Another thing, is that he would joke about how we met, he told me he was trying to CHOOSE between my friend/co-worker and I, and he chose me because I WAS ALWAYS THERE, and he also had his eye on her, wth? Who really tells someone that after being with someone for over a year?
I know no one is perfect but I don't see the "good" in anyone else that I saw in him, atleast he made an effort in trying to be a good boyfriend, and wanting to take things to the level of a comitted relationship. It seems like guys these days (atleast the ones I come into contact with) are not interested in the same things I am interested in. I find it extremely hard to believe that I can be in a comitted relationship at 17, but at 20, I don't even have the potential. So now again I ask, is he as good as it gets?
But with the good, there is always the bad. One major thing that was bad is that he was a compulsive liar, he lied for no reason. Most of it was to try to impress me. He didn't understand that I loved him for who he was, which made him feel like he needed to impress me. Also, he was really critical about how I dressed, how my hair was done, just a lot of superficial things, don't get me wrong I am a bad B lol, but I do have my days where I just want to chill or I don't feel like looking all good for him, and he had a problem with that. Another thing, is that he would joke about how we met, he told me he was trying to CHOOSE between my friend/co-worker and I, and he chose me because I WAS ALWAYS THERE, and he also had his eye on her, wth? Who really tells someone that after being with someone for over a year?
I know no one is perfect but I don't see the "good" in anyone else that I saw in him, atleast he made an effort in trying to be a good boyfriend, and wanting to take things to the level of a comitted relationship. It seems like guys these days (atleast the ones I come into contact with) are not interested in the same things I am interested in. I find it extremely hard to believe that I can be in a comitted relationship at 17, but at 20, I don't even have the potential. So now again I ask, is he as good as it gets?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete