Worst Video Since Tip-Drill
Ya'll I'm not even one of those feminist, vagina monologue, herstory type women, but this video utterly disturbed me! lol Let me tell you all what I was picturing it would look like. Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic, but I thought maybe Drake and some video girl would be kicking it all day like a picnic in the park, laughing, hugging, a couple of nice dates, just them showing each other love, I don't know if you all can picture what I am saying, but that's how I imagined the video would be. I understand the song is talking about she is the best he ever had, sexually, but I was picturing more of a "Best All Around" type video, like they were made for each other because they made each other happy. Clearly director, Kanye West did not see it the same way, take a look:
I think this video is SO Misogynistic. Breasts just flying and sagging everywhere, and don't get me started on the end, they could have at least won the game and it would have looked like they were the best at SOMETHING. Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion, because I had such a different idea, and outlook on how the video should be. I still like the song, and Drake, but guys just tell me what you all think.....
I think this video is SO Misogynistic. Breasts just flying and sagging everywhere, and don't get me started on the end, they could have at least won the game and it would have looked like they were the best at SOMETHING. Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion, because I had such a different idea, and outlook on how the video should be. I still like the song, and Drake, but guys just tell me what you all think.....
Don't get me wrong...I was highly disappointed with this video as well. Drake AND Kanye (who directed this) both know better and need to do better.
ReplyDeleteBut I wouldn't say this was the most misogynistic video since tip drill. Mainly because when you said that I thought of "Freaky Girl" by Gucci Mane. Now THAT was bad.
Still, not quite tasteful. Especially when so many were expecting so much more.
♥ Shay
I agree. Gucci Mane is in a category of his own, there is no hope for him. I just expected more class coming from Drake and especially Kanye, I also expected more creativity. Thanks for the comment! ♥
ReplyDelete