So My Spring Semester Starts WEDNESDAY! 1/12/2011 ♥

Hey ya'll! I know many of my reader are college students just like me! This semester is my EIGHTH semester! How did I make it here? Nothing but God's amazing grace! This isn't my last semester, I will be doing one more in Fall, and I will be done! I am the FIRST on BOTH sides of my family (as far as I know) to come this far, and I will be the first to complete a four year degree, actually I don't think anyone in my family has a 2 year degree either, many people in
my family didn't even complete high school, so you know I feel extremely accomplished!

Well last semester I didn't do so HOT lol, I am off academic probation, thank God, but I still could have done much better. I took 6 classes last semester, they were: BA 331: Logistics and

Supply Chain Management, BA 332: Demand Management, BA 341: Lean Operations, BA 342: Information Management, BA 361: International Business, and Political Science 340: Public Administration. Do those classes sound easy??? Of course not, lol, because they weren't!! But hey I made it through!

This semester I will be taking: BA 353 not really sure what that is yet, Finance 301 (pray for me), Business Law 301, Economics 312, Political Science 311, and Political Science 442. That's right I have 6 classes, at 3 hours each, which is 18 hours!!

I know in order to succeed in these classes and in order to move forward and get my degree I have to buckle down, focus, and put forth the effort needed to succeed. I just have to focus more than I did last semester.


Some of the things I won't be doing, need to do more of, or will try to do less of this semester are:
1. Partying
I partied too much over my college career. At this point I am pretty much over the clubs, I am maturing, and realizing the club is not for me or where I want to be. Some people may not feel that way, but that is my take on it. I plan to do a blog on Meeting Men in the Club in the future!

2. Procrastinating
I like to wait until the last minute to do thing, some would say I am the type that "works better under pressure," and I always say I am going to do better with this and I never do, but this semester I am going to put a great effort into doing better!

3. Not Reading
I HATE reading, especially if it is boring. And if I start reading some boring material I won't be able to concentrate on it. I just need to do better in reading and comprehending my material for class.

4. Missing Work/Class
I stay up too late sometimes and Its hard to get out of the bed when you do that, so sometimes I

didn't. I had an 8am class this semester and never went. I ended up getting a C in it, but I am sure I could have done better had I just gone to class instead of teaching myself. I also had a class that had clicker questions that were 25% of my grade, and believe it or not I barely went to that class! I could have done a lot better this semester if only I had gone more often if not EVERYDAY. Also, I think When I am stressed out with school, or just life, I have a hard time
going to work. This semester I was late to one of my jobs A LOT, as a result, I no longer work there. I am definitely not tripping about it, but that is the reality of being late to work, and or not coming, especially if the secretary has no life and likes to see people not succeed.

5. Hanging out with people
Before I was BOO'd UP lol, I would drop what I was doing just to go hang with friends or male friends. So I have ceased with the chill buddies lol. I only hang out with my boo. We plan on studying together this semester, hopefully we can stay focused, I'm not that good at studying in a group setting, but hopefully we will be able to motivate, encourage, and help each other!

6. Go to Church
I love the Lord, I pray all the time, but I recently realized I've been missing fellowshipping, gospel music, and just encouragement for the week. I have been here 4 years and have yet to find a church home. I think I will start going to church with my roommate, and my boo said we should go to church together, so that's what I want to do in the coming year!

Things I want to BLOG about soon: Be looking forward to these ya'll. Above I said I wanted to blog about meeting men in the club, I also want to blog about my boo, how we met, etc., I come from a single parent home, so I want to BLOG about the effect on girls of a man not being there, I want to blog about people and their misjudgments and misconceptions about me, like it seems like everyday I find out something new about myself, ya know what I mean? I also want to talk about soulmates, I'll probably put that in the blog I do about me and my boo, those are all the ideas I have so far, but they keep pouring in!! And again, if you all would like to know anything about me, or would like me to write about something there are ways to contact me on the right side of this page. Thanks again for taking the time to read!!

♥ dEde

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update 5/29/2012

Don't Always Have a HAND OUT Sometimes You Should Lend A Helping Hand

Don't Force Upon Yourself More Than You Can Bear